The Franklin-Springboro Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Download a Franklin-Springboro Public Library employment application.
Part Time Library Assistant
Schedule varies approximately 12 - 17 hours per week
Description: This position performs a variety of routine clerical duties that are primarily computer-based. Tasks include providing excellent customer service while checking library materials in and out, collecting library fines and fees, issuing new library cards, assisting users with the library’s online catalog and physically locating materials, assisting with general library questions, and responding to inquiries concerning library policies and procedures, shelving library materials and other duties as assigned. This position requires evenings, weekends, and flexibility in scheduling.
- Must be a high school graduate
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Must possess computer skills, experience with databases or library circulation software is highly desired
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and handle confidential information
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be able to answer phone and utilize other basic office equipment such as fax machine, photocopier, scanner
- Must have the physical ability to place and arrange books on shelves ranging from floor level to 7’ high
- Must have the visual acuity to correctly see small type and images on a computer screen
- Manipulates library materials up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift, stoop, crouch and push a fully loaded book cart
- Must project a positive and pleasant attitude to the public and cooperate and maintain an effective relationship with other staff members as part of a team
- Must have regular and predictable attendance
Please check back for available job openings.
Applications will be kept on file for 6 months.